OK, stop acting shocked. You KNEW I was this big a nerd – look where you are!
For years, I’ve been meaning to read the Runner’s World article on how to tie a shoe “right”, so that you don’t need a double and knot and yet it doesn’t come undone.
Well, Lava and I just invested a very long time sitting in front of the computer with our sneakers, and we nailed it!
I thought I’d post the instructions here but they’re long! So read the article and tie your shoe and let me know what you think!
What did YOU learn today?
OK, I did get this from a network TV show, but after 24 hours for it to sink in, I think it’s pretty profound.
And OK, it was in the context of manipulation (get someone to buy a car or give you the sketchy building permit), but it’s still a valid concept, which is: find the key. Find out where the other person is coming from, what’s going on in their life, what matters to them, and go from there. “Get it” first. Get them. Then ask. Maybe the lesson is just get them, never mind asking. What do you think?
Malaena moved acros the country and included some great lessons of her own in a change-of-address email. She generously agreed to share them with all of you:
I have learned:
- People are there for you when you need it- but you need to be willing to ask!
- Don’t wait until “the goodbye” to tell each other how you feel.
- A clear vision, intentional patience with strong determination can clear away all obstacles from reaching your goal.
- Two suitcases can carry everything you really need! We all have way too much “stuff”.
- Walking everywhere (no car yet) is not only great exercise but purposeful living.
- After achieving your goals, leave space for dreaming the next ones.
I may be far in miles, but I am still very close by and available by phone for work/life coaching, psychotherapy, spiritual counseling and Kabbalistic healing services. Many of you have already experienced phone sessions to be just as rewarding and helpful as in-person sessions. I also plan to integrate Skype into my sessions, for those who would enjoy the visual contact.
Malaena Nahmias M.Ed. LCSW
AWARENESS Counseling & Training
P.O. Box 1407 Menlo Park, CA 94026-1407
Sally taught me that when I edit a previous post, I can mark it with ETA. I will use it for the how-to-subscribe entry.
No, not ALL of my lessons are going to about blogging!
Today I learned* that I can go ahead and eat the yummy sugary fatty treat, and it will taste just great, but that a few minutes later it will just feel bad. Not regret-bad, but that-was-the-wrong-thing-for-me-bad.
* I have “learned” this so many times that this just may not be the last time I’ll learn it before I … learn it. So I’ll bookmark this entry and just point back to it, if needed. Sheesh.
Today, I learned, from Gale who did it, that you can subscribe to this blog and get email updates when someone posts or comments. I would like to tell you HOW she did that, but that will have to be an entry for another day, after I figure it out. Or someone can comment here and tell us all.
(I am automatically subscribed already, so I think I’m not seeing the same option for subscribing)
ETA: Use the link “Manage your subscriptions” link
When opening a file in Livelink, use the Download button so it will open a new window. The Open button will just re-use the same window, so when you are done and you close it, you don’t lose the entire site and your place.