Clerk of the Works

Today I learned what a Clerk of the Works is.

While manning the I.T. phones in the Command Center for Dana-Farber’s move-in to the new Yawkey building, I met a man, sitting next to me and manning the Facility phones.  His job is Clerk of the Works for the construction project.  I had never heard of this.  Have you?

From Wikipedia:

The clerk of the works or clerk of works (often abbreviated CoW) is a person employed by the architect or client on a construction site. The role is primarily to represent the interests of the client in regard to ensuring the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification and engineering drawings, in addition to recognized quality standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: