Malaena moved acros the country and included some great lessons of her own in a change-of-address email. She generously agreed to share them with all of you:
I have learned:
- People are there for you when you need it- but you need to be willing to ask!
- Don’t wait until “the goodbye” to tell each other how you feel.
- A clear vision, intentional patience with strong determination can clear away all obstacles from reaching your goal.
- Two suitcases can carry everything you really need! We all have way too much “stuff”.
- Walking everywhere (no car yet) is not only great exercise but purposeful living.
- After achieving your goals, leave space for dreaming the next ones.
I may be far in miles, but I am still very close by and available by phone for work/life coaching, psychotherapy, spiritual counseling and Kabbalistic healing services. Many of you have already experienced phone sessions to be just as rewarding and helpful as in-person sessions. I also plan to integrate Skype into my sessions, for those who would enjoy the visual contact.
Malaena Nahmias M.Ed. LCSW
AWARENESS Counseling & Training
P.O. Box 1407 Menlo Park, CA 94026-1407
Sally taught me that when I edit a previous post, I can mark it with ETA. I will use it for the how-to-subscribe entry.
No, not ALL of my lessons are going to about blogging!
Today I learned* that I can go ahead and eat the yummy sugary fatty treat, and it will taste just great, but that a few minutes later it will just feel bad. Not regret-bad, but that-was-the-wrong-thing-for-me-bad.
* I have “learned” this so many times that this just may not be the last time I’ll learn it before I … learn it. So I’ll bookmark this entry and just point back to it, if needed. Sheesh.
Today, I learned, from Gale who did it, that you can subscribe to this blog and get email updates when someone posts or comments. I would like to tell you HOW she did that, but that will have to be an entry for another day, after I figure it out. Or someone can comment here and tell us all.
(I am automatically subscribed already, so I think I’m not seeing the same option for subscribing)
ETA: Use the link “Manage your subscriptions” link
When opening a file in Livelink, use the Download button so it will open a new window. The Open button will just re-use the same window, so when you are done and you close it, you don’t lose the entire site and your place.
When you see a prime parking spot, just take it! Now! Don’t be itting there wondering if your car will fit and watch someone with the same size car just wriggle right into it. Move already!
With Sally’s generous help, I learned how to set up this blog!
Use the Comment to share something you learned today, or recently, or ever!
Today I learned, from Kathleen, that there are BLOGS, VLOGS and GROGS. I knew about Blogs. Vlogs are Video blogs, and Grogs are Group Blogs. I decided that my new blog would really be a more like a grog, and that’s where you come in.
I plan to post the lessons that I learn in 2010, and I’d love to learn yours, as well! Post them here!
I may not get here every day, but I’l try to keep track of what I learn, and catch up when I can.
I look forward to hearing from you: What do you think? What are you learning?